This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 27, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Keeping our community safe on Depop requires both industry-leading policies and processes that allow us to enforce these policies. The trust and safety teams at Depop support our users through both direct support interactions as well as building scalable solutions to keep our community safe.
As we are growing our teams we are looking for an experienced Senior Policy Manager to lead and build out the teams to ensure our global policies keep our users and community safe. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of internet and social media policy issues, including security, privacy, and user safety.
- Own and shape our global community guidelines from ideation to execution by Identify, monitoring and analysing policy issues affecting Depop across user, product and public policy domains
- Work with the relevant cross-functional teams to communicate Depop’s policy development process and manage any updates to our content policies
- Work with our global Communications, Policy, Legal, Product, Partnership, and Operations teams to build, understand and communicate on policies and that support and protect our community and reputation
- Operate as a key member of the T&S Leadership team and as a champion for the values and mission of Depop
- Develop and retain a high performing policy team.Experience communicating and presenting effectively to diverse stakeholders
- Drive engagement with and understanding of community policies from a diverse user base
- Ensure compliance with and preparedness for relevant public policy and safeguarding requirements
- Manage response to critical incidents relating to community policy
- Experience within public policy, technology policy, economics, e-commerce, global markets, retail, policy development or implementation
- Work experience in online safety or a technology company with UGC policy focus.
- Your work history illustrates policy improvement that has observed and meaningful impact on the business.
- Experience managing cross-functional stakeholder relations in fast-paced and ambiguous environments
- Experience delivering work under time constraints
- Track record of project management and tackling policy questions
- Project management experience. Experience driving and managing multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with effective public policy communication and engagement with a range of different audiences
- Experience working in the technology sector or other relevant fast paced environments
- Technology/UGC platforms industry domain expertise.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, e-commerce policy matters and the related technology business and policy ecosystem (consumer protection, trade/customs, financial services, tax, anti-counterfeiting)
- Ability to remain calm and effective under pressure and coach teams to effectively navigate and communicate in a rapidly changing environment
- Respect for other cultures and deep empathy for users.
- Strategic thinker with analytical and creative problem-solving skills Analytical and problem solving experience
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong teamwork experience and proven track record of collaborative approach to problem solving
- Keen understanding of, and interest in, public policies related to technology, privacy and safety
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more…we’ve taken this virtual for now!