This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 25, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Twitter’s Trust & Safety (T&S) teams work on the front lines of safety, speech, and policy issues that affect the Internet. Our goal is to ensure Twitter is a trusted platform where people can make human connections, find reliable information, and express themselves freely and safely.
The Product Trust (PT) team in T&S partners with Product Managers to identify product features that have Trust & Safety implications and advocate for solutions that keep users safe and build trust. By working together, we build safe and trustworthy products in an innovative, experiment-rich, and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
You’ll build and maintain expertise in a wide range of consumer products and infrastructure — from Tweet creation, to AI/ML model development, to critical safety features — and use that expertise to influence product and policy development. You’ll advocate for the user by understanding, predicting, and communicating the impact of upcoming product changes on Twitter’s diverse user base. You’ll work across teams within T&S to manage projects, goals, documentation, and communication of product issues.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to identify potential harms, safety concerns, and unintended consequences of product changes and then design and implement mitigations and protections; and
- Identify, synthesize, and communicate the scope and requirements of your projects to the T&S team. Develop and advocate for solutions to complex issues.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Legal, Public Policy, and Communications teams on product launches.
Who You Are
Successful candidates will be analytical, self-motivated, and have a knack for managing multiple complex projects efficiently.
- You are passionate about and have experience in investigating the human impact of racial, gender-based, and/or cultural bias in technology (i.e., machine learning, ethical AI) and identifying harm-reducing solutions.
- You have experience designing, implementing, auditing privacy processes, policies, and controls, in order to ensure compliance and preserve customer trust.
- You have a proven track record of owning and successfully completing cross-functional projects from planning to implementation.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skills and excel at providing balanced and actionable feedback to influence decision-making without direct managerial authority.
- You have strong process modeling and problem-solving capabilities, and can promptly propose solutions to address product and user needs.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, and adapting to the needs and work styles of other teams and organizations.
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative data to support recommendations; proficiency with Excel and SQL, a plus.
- Experience working on or advising consumer software products, a plus.
- Experience working on projects that have a multi-regional or global impact, a plus.
Potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
- 6+ years experience leading and implementing policy, process design, project/program management, or management consulting (Note, we have multiple roles at varying levels of seniority, and will match candidates appropriately based on experience)
- BA/BS or equivalent professional experience