This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 9, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
As a marketplace, trust is central to our success, and one of Udemy’s most important roles is as that of a fair platform. To maintain that trust from our students and instructors, we need to have a clear and reasonable set of rules, and enforce those rules consistently. In this role, you will be responsible for the hardest or most sensitive cases, enforcing a consistent policy and communicating the decision our reasons effectively. You’ll be intimately familiar with our marketplace policies, how they are enforced, and what the grey areas around a policy look like, and will help our contract team when they have difficult decisions. You will have opportunities to build process, write articles, and train a remote teams to ensure consistency in judgement and enforcement. You’ll also work closely with Legal and Brand teams to inform them of new fires, craft the right messaging, and execute the customer side of any resolution.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively resolve Policy violations with instructors or students escalated to you by remote agents or other members of the Udemy team
- Identify, understand, and communicate top issues and trends that need broader attention from the rest of the company. Advocate product and process improvements based on data patterns to close loopholes, mitigate risk, and improve business processes
- Inform Udemy’s marketplace policies to make sure that both students and instructors are governed fairly. Identify areas in our policies that need more clarity, and work with team to improve our product, or position on an issue.
- Coordinate and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams like Support, Legal, PR, Product, Community, Instructor Account Management
- Develop customer-centric insights that will inform policy and product decisions, with an eye toward proactive, scalable, preventative solutions
We’re excited about you because you’ll have:
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Support or T&S role at a consumer internet or e-commerce company, with a strong preference for experience at a marketplace company
- Ability to separate emotion from a situation and follow a data-oriented, structured way of thinking to ensure reason based judgement
- A hyperactive sense of customer empathy, able to understand all sides of a situation and respond with a human touch while efficiently scaling
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle the sometimes overwhelming influx of new cases
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You can synthesize key points or complex situations to craft messaging for any audience, large or small.
- Convicted but Open-minded — you have a strong moral and business sense, but are able to adapt based on what we learn over time (what you learn is as or more important than what you know)
- Understanding of SQL (MySQL and/or PostgreSQL) and Excel or willingness to learn
- Self-motivated, solid team player, willing to step outside of your role and chip in whenever necessary to achieve success
- Great business acumen and the ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and actionable project plans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.