This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 26, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the Role
Engineers on the Trust & Safety Engineering team are responsible for the entire software development lifecycle for our products and services which include both internal and customer-facing software. Whether closing gaps in our abuse processing pipeline, extending our Trust & Safety platform, or road mapping the future of Trust & Safety solutions, software engineers on the Trust & Safety Engineering team are critical to Cloudflare’s ability to help make the internet a better place. This role will be based out of our Austin office.
What you’ll do
- Designing, building, running and scaling automation tools and services that support Trust and Safety efforts
- Analyzing and communicating complex technical requirements and concepts, able to identify the highest priority areas and carve a path to deliver
- Collaborating with product teams to understand goals and develop robust and scalable solutions that align with the customer need
- Improving system design and architecture to ensure stability and performance of the internal and customer-facing compliance and anti-abuse services (handling 30-40K events per second)
- Working closely with Cloudflare’s Trust and Safety team to help make the internet a better place
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance of production services, including participation in oncall rotations
Desirable skills and experience
- More than 2+ years of experience building large-scale software applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of SQL and common relational database systems such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Expertise in writing well tested code
Bonus (Relevant but not required – we love to learn on the job!)
- Understanding of DNS, TLS/SSL and HTTP
- Understanding of web security issues and industry standards for access control
- Experience with Go, Kafka, Kubernetes, PHP and/or Rust
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.