This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 11, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the team
Cloudflare’s mission is to help build a better internet and the Trust & Safety Engineering (TSENG) team lives at the core of that effort. The team empowers customers with products and services to combat abuse, enables deeper coordination with our external industry anti-abuse partners, and ensures teams in the company can respond to the quickly changing legal landscape of the internet with scalable tools and services. This includes services which have a direct impact on efforts to stop the spread of CSAM (child sexual abuse material) across the internet.
About the Role
Engineers on the Trust & Safety Engineering team are responsible for the entire software development lifecycle for our products and services which include both internal and customer-facing software. Whether closing gaps in our abuse processing pipeline, extending our Trust & Safety platform, or road mapping the future of Trust & Safety solutions, software engineers on the Trust & Safety Engineering team are critical to Cloudflare’s ability to help make the internet a better place.
This role will be based out of our Austin office.
What you’ll do
- Designing, building, running and scaling automation tools and services that support Trust and Safety efforts
- Analyzing and communicating complex technical requirements and concepts, able to identify the highest priority areas and carve a path to deliver
- Collaborating with product teams to understand goals and develop robust and scalable solutions that align with the customer need
- Improving system design and architecture to ensure stability and performance of the internal and customer-facing compliance and anti-abuse services (handling 30-40K events per second)
- Working closely with Cloudflare’s Trust and Safety team to help make the internet a better place
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance of production services, including participation in oncall rotations
Desirable skills and experience
- More than 2+ years of experience building large-scale software applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of SQL and common relational database systems such as PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Expertise in writing well tested code
(Relevant but not required – we love to learn on the job!)
- Understanding of DNS, TLS/SSL and HTTP
- Understanding of web security issues and industry standards for access control
- Experience with Go, Kafka, Kubernetes, PHP and/or Rust
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.