This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 16, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
GitHub is one of the largest and fastest growing communities of developers, home to leading open source projects as well thousands of new start-up projects every day. As we grow, we are looking to ensure that we provide and maintain a safe, welcoming, and productive environment for our diverse community of users. The Engineering Manager of Trust & Safety will build a team to focus and deliver on many initiatives to meet this goal. This person will lead an engineering team building and improving upon the tools used to detect and moderate abuse, resolve DMCA takedowns, and screen content. Trust & Safety as a field continues to grow, and it is a space that will require thoughtful and innovative engineering solutions.
- Develop a strong team of top engineering talent to focus on tools and changes to our core products to detect, reduce and remove abusive behavior
- Deliver user-friendly tools and efficient automated solutions that continually analyze data and detect potential abuse-indicative trends
- Serve as a great people leader for team including meeting 1-1 with team members on a regular basis, planning and supporting career development, giving guided performance feedback and serving as a coach and mentor
- Foster our vision of encouraging good online citizenship internally and externally
- Prior engineering experience
- Strong grasp of computer science foundations including data structures and algorithms
- Solid understanding of large-scale application development
- Proficiency with data mining technologies and SQL
- Solid understanding of the trust and safety challenges of online spaces
- Ability to promote our mission of trust and safety to the GitHub community
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.