This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 17, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Office of Ethical and Humane Use (OEHU) was formed with a mandate to ensure that Salesforce technology is used to help, not harm, society and uphold the basic human rights of every human being.
OEHU is seeking a Senior Manager/Director to play a pivotal role in the development of product policies around the Ethical and Humane Use of Salesforce Technology and serve as the EMEA lead for our Office. Working together with the Chief Ethical and Humane Use Officer and policy team, they will deliver product policy recommendations and implementation strategies across Salesforce that shape the use of our technology in alignment with Salesforce’s ethical use principles.
The ideal candidate will have Trust & Safety and/or product policy experience within a technology company. They will have an understanding of the potential societal repercussions of emerging technologies and familiarity with principles that can be used to govern and resolve related ethical issues. You will engage regional stakeholders to capture and integrate a wide range of perspectives into our product policy making process The candidate will have strong research experience and analytical skills to gather facts, assess patterns and recommend a path forward. You will work with Legal, Product, and Security teams to implement solutions to assure our technology is used for good.
- Incorporate research and stakeholder expertise to craft new and/or update existing product use policies that focus on the ethical and humane use of Salesforce technologies.
- Act as a regional point of contact for the Office of Ethical and Humane Use and maintain close working relationships with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment in applying product policy principles and addressing ethical risk in international markets.
- Coordinate with Global Strategy teams to identify and assess ethical product use in international markets.
- Collaborate with Product teams to craft product-specific policy applications and automation tools.
- Conduct investigations, enforce our product policies, and identify product vulnerabilities and ethical risks.
- Stay informed about the dynamic global regulatory landscape, industry trends, and internal operations. Help Ethical and Humane Use team quickly make sense of large volumes of information to determine how global events may impact the use of Salesforce’s platform and its customers.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Trust & Safety, Product Policy, or similar roles in a technology company.
- Experience working on topics across diverse international markets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities.
- Demonstrated cross-functional team influence.
- Strong analytical ability– able to take a complex problem, synthesize detailed information from multiple sources, and construct nuanced top-line recommendations on the path forward. Ability to consider an issue from multiple points of view and weigh the merits of all perspectives.
- Strong communication skills– comfortable presenting ideas to diverse teams and individuals in multiple formats, from slide decks, memos, to informal chats. You know that a huge part of communication is listening and making sure others feel heard.
- Product policy writing experience- ability to assess the pros and cons of various policy options and their potential unintended effects and pitfalls.
- Strong understanding of the ethical challenges related to diverse communities in interacting with technology.
- Project management experience- Measurable success in running complex programs from conception to completion. Ability to manage multiple competing projects and maintain high degree of organization.
- Fluency in English and other European languages.
- Strong awareness of geopolitical landscape.
To apply for this job please visit salesforce.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.