This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 31, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we’re best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* — all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we’ve added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma depends upon our users’ trust. We earn and maintain that trust by demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding their information. The Trust & Safety team has the critical responsibility of protecting Credit Karma’s members by securing our online processes and preventing online fraud and abuse throughout the Credit Karma product suite.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, analyze and simulate rule performance prior to implementation
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills using SQL and Python
- Monitor rule performance, false positive/negatives, detection rate, and claims/loss data.
- Develop champion challenger rule sets and associated impact on implementation
- Detection focus: New account, Identify proofing, Payment transactions and Account Takeover using authentication, session, and transaction data
What’s great about the role:
- Develop best practices and processes for fraud scoring rules, alert prioritization, detection strategies, and automation using open source tools and solutions
- Partner with Data Science and modeling teams to optimize fraud detection environment; ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Establish fraud queueing structure to optimize fraud case flow effectiveness.
- Partners with analytics, risk operations and technology groups to identify data sources and develop processes for capturing required data.
- Test internal controls and identify control deficiencies, analyze impact and exposure, and recommend improvements
- Excellent data and analytical skills.
- Work closely with our partners to develop, maintain and mature our fraud operating procedures and processes.
Minimum basic requirements:
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience
- Experience at a regulated financial institution
- Understanding of deposit account, ACH, and online and mobile payment systems
- Understanding of data science techniques and data manipulation processes
- Strong knowledge of the fraud management life cycle and industry trends
- Prior experience with fraud detection strategy development and implementation
- Building detection program processes specifically for emerging payment products
- Experience in Financial Services or FinTech
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.