This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 25, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
The Trust & Safety Strategy & Operations Lead reports to the Director of Counsel’s Strategy & Operations team and works in service of the priorities of the VP and Head of Trust & Safety.
In this position, you will establish and lead a team whose purpose is to promote, nurture, and sustain a healthy and high-performing Trust & Safety organization. You will draw on the resources of the Counsel Strategy & Operations team and work in alignment with Counsel objectives to conceptualize and implement strategic initiatives, drive scalable business improvements and practices, and strengthen the global Trust & Safety team’s collaborative relationships and communications with its partners and stakeholders.
This is a full-time position. Remote work is an option within the US only.
Who We Are
About Counsel. The Counsel organization at Twitter, comprising our Compliance, Legal, Public Policy, and Trust & Safety teams, works to empower and defend our company and our customers through innovative and collaborative solutions. Whether it’s developing policies for Twitter, supporting product launches, protecting our customers, empowering our teams, or working with government officials and civil society on issues surrounding freedom of expression, we’re passionate about serving the public conversation and growing the business in a way that makes us proud.
About Counsel S&O. The Counsel Strategy & Operations team is a high-impact team whose mission is to drive strategic alignment and operational improvements across Twitter’s Counsel organization. We work and partner with leaders across Twitter’s functions to promote effective decision-making, efficient resource allocation, and the impactful execution of Counsel’s strategy.
About Trust & Safety. Trust & Safety works at the crossroads of human rights, law, policy, and safety. Our goal is to ensure that Twitter is a trusted platform where people can make connections, seek and receive credible and authentic information, and express themselves freely and safely.
What You’ll Do
As the Strategy & Operations Lead for Trust & Safety, you will actively develop a deep understanding of the strategic and organizational challenges that T&S must successfully navigate as a rapidly-growing global team, then bring the right resources to bear to tackle them.
- Develop and implement processes that can scale and sustain our global organization resulting in improvements to efficiency, productivity, and organizational structure and alignment.
- Oversee and drive critical initiatives in support of Trust & Safety objectives such as annual strategy, developing and managing OKRs, and implementing strategic projects from start to finish.
- Serve as a thought-partner to the Head of Trust & Safety as well as our Counsel Strategy & Operations team.
- Drive Trust & Safety team engagement and development activities.
- Establish and lead a team of program and project managers to provide standard methodologies, guidance, and structure to the execution of projects in T&S.
- Manage the development and execution of the department’s budget and headcount.
- Represent Counsel and Trust & Safety as a key liaison with other corporate functions.
Who You Are
- You care. You believe in Trust & Safety’s purpose and mission and derive immense personal satisfaction from empowering and strengthening the teams that work on T&S issues. You deliver what you promise. You have low ego and are forward-looking and solution-oriented. You are:
- Passionate about crafting strategies and executing initiatives.
- Dogged in your pursuit of scalable solutions but are just as capable of providing immediate value through short-term, tactical interventions.
- Experienced at influencing diverse partners and driving accountability and decision-making across teams.
- Passionate about identifying foundational and institutional challenges, building comprehensive initiatives to address core issues, and ensuring accountability and transparency as we work to change the way we do business.
- Base your work on trusted and validated methodologies while maintaining a spirit of experimentation and continuous learning.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and building relationships across multiple teams on a global scale.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, curious and creative with a sense of humor.
- Outstanding project management, financial management, and business analysis skills.
- Ten years of proven experience in corporate strategy, management consulting, program management, or business operations, preferably at a fast-growing, multinational company.
- 6+ years of experience leading and mentoring teams, preferably in multi-site organizations. Bonus: Has held leadership roles that require extensive collaboration with third parties, partners, and teams whose short-term priorities may not be aligned with yours.
- Familiarity with online speech, safety, and privacy issues or previous experience with Trust & Safety a plus.
- Outstanding program management and partner management experience.
- Track record of influencing cross-functional teams across non-direct reporting lines.
- Excellent communicator whose interaction style promotes clarity and transparency to foster an environment where issues are identified and resolved.
- Experience building effective processes for distributed teams.
- Open to international travel and have an appreciation and respect for the norms of cultures other than your own.
- MBA and/or graduate degree or equivalent work experience.
Exposure to sensitive or graphic content including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography, and other graphic images.
To apply for this job please visit careers.twitter.com.