This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 2, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
We are looking for an experienced and empathetic Policy Domain Expert who will help drive our mission of keeping Discord users safe by leading our teen safety efforts through policy development, product counseling, and external partnership engagement.
For this role, please note there may be potential exposure to sensitive or graphic content, including but not limited to vulgar language, violent threats, pornography and other graphic images.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and research new and emerging teen safety issues and mitigation strategies
- Develop content policies to address teen safety issues on the platform
- Partner with Product to build more teen and parent-centered safety controls and response mechanisms
- Represent Discord to and build relationships with our external teen safety partners in civil society, government, the industry, and media
- Develop and communicate content, such as training, guides, and presentations, for engagement with external partners like teens, parents, and policymakers
- Respond and solve teen safety escalations from internal and external partners
- Articulate Discord’s values and teen safety principles to product, design, engineering, and other internal stakeholder teams
What you should have
- 4+ years experience working on child, teen, and family digital safety issues at a non-profit, government agency, or tech company
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Passion for child safety and inclusive online spaces
- Experience researching child safety issues online and writing policies and recommendations to safeguard their experience
- Experience engaging with teenagers, parents, and teachers around online safety and digital literacy through education, live events, and other methods
- Experience working with child safety organizations, governmental agencies, and policy makers to build safer experiences for children online
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Attitude of open-mindedness, collaboration, flexibility, and always questioning your assumptions
- Familiarity with Discord
- Direct service work with children and teens
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
To apply for this job please visit discord.com.