This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on November 5, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for a thoughtful and resilient individual with quick decision-making skills to help us make Pinterest feel safe and welcoming. You’ll help us evaluate controversial, graphic, or sensitive content so Pinners learn what’s okay on Pinterest and what’s not. You’ll also have the chance to impact the development of new policies as the expertise you bring to this role will be a valuable asset to our Policy team.
What you’ll do:
- Review content that might be controversial, graphic, or sensitive; accurately assess for compliance with our Community Guidelines and legal regulations in a timely manner
- Distill key concepts from internal policies and communicate them over email to Pinners
- Serve as the policy expert in your specific domain; identify content policy gaps and trends, and develop solutions to help improve Pinterest policies and methods of enforcement
- Learn, develop, and implement evolving policies, guidelines, trainings, and processes
- Remain up to date on key trends globally; proactively review and investigate relevant trends
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like Policy, Public Policy, Engineering, Product, and Design to assess and improve our processes and tools
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like Policy, Legal, Comms, Compliance, and Data Analytics to triage time- and content-sensitive escalations from internal and external partners
- Remain up to date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates, and our Community Guidelines
- Track and analyze key operational and performance metrics to improve our workflows
What we’re looking for:
- Subject-matter knowledge and expertise related to self-injury and harmful behavior or violent actors and organizations
- Experience with content moderation, content policy, or quality review strongly preferred
- Strong critical and contextual thinking skills with a bias towards thoughtful action in ambiguous situations
- Comfortable viewing controversial, graphic, or sensitive content and discussing difficult subjects clearly and calmly
- Willingness to learn complex policies quickly with curiosity and openness
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Ability to remain detail oriented during long periods of focus
- Project management skills and SQL knowledge is a plus
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Second language is preferred but not required
- Availability to work weekend days, holidays, and on-call/after-hours coverage on a rotational basis
To apply for this job please visit www.pinterestcareers.com.