This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
About the team…
The Trust and Safety role is responsible for improving the quality of DoorDash operations through adjudication of background checks & insurance claims, investigation of safety incidents, and implementation of quality measures for users. On-demand food delivery has many advantages; however, there are extremely challenging logistics to ensure DoorDash is delivering the best service to the Customers, Dashers, and Merchants.
Trust and Safety presents a united front to protect the experience of Merchants, Customers and Dashers while solving these logistics challenges. This team’s work helps in maintaining and building internal and external relationships while protecting DoorDash’s brand. We work with our stakeholders to solve and mitigate escalations, monitor day-to-day quality, improve response times, and drive tool usage and efficiencies. At DoorDash we empower our teams to focus on creating an amazing experience for our Merchants, Customers, and Dashers. This position is a tremendous opportunity to join a fast-growing team that is hyper-focused on improving the quality of DoorDash’s operations.
About the role…
The Trust and Safety Representative is a problem solver who is always looking for ways to help the team become more efficient by streamlining processes and identifying issues & resolutions. The ideal candidate has good analytical skills and can use data and logic to make informed decisions that help ensure that our Customers, Dashers, and Merchants have the best experience possible on the DoorDash platform. The Trust and Safety Representative is someone that has high-bandwidth and is proficient in the following areas:
- Meticulously organized individual, who can juggle both investigation and resolution
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to investigate and support their decisions, while referencing internal policies to reach the right decisions.
- Navigate the different channels of an investigation while keeping business partners updated
- Ability to identify trends and root-case problem solve
- Analytical skills that has utilize data and logic to make informed decisions
- Emotional intelligence and common sense due to the sensitivity and nature of the information and investigations with the Trust and Safety team
- Project management
- Experience with time management
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage incoming reports from consumers and dashers to ensure a high quality and empathetic response
- Investigate and evaluate complex cases to understand areas where DoorDash can improve
- Develop a deep expertise in how DoorDash’s processes, systems, and resources work, and how to use them to drive positive outcomes
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and relationship-building with peers and company leaders
- Collaborate with the Strategy & Operations and Product teams to problem solve and build solutions that address quality issues upstream
- Improve our operational processes so we can deliver high quality support to all portions of our business
- 3+ years of work experience in high demand fast moving environment
- Data competency, including ability to answer business questions
- Able to identify trends, and problem solve to identify effective product and operational countermeasures
- Able to operate autonomously while collaborating closely with cross functional partners
- Identify and recommend product improvements, partner with product and engineering to get them into the roadmap, and analyze their impact
- Strong written and verbal communication skills–including top notch grammar, spelling, and the ability to write both formally and casually using DoorDash’s brand voice and tone
- Positive outlook and optimism in the face of challenges and negative situations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent amount of work experience
- Chartio and SQL experience is beneficial
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You are driven–you are a highly motivated self-starter with the passion to take on more than your daily responsibilities
- You are adaptable to change–our ever growing and developing team continuously takes on new workflows and responsibilities
- You are responsible–you can operate independently, track your progress towards goals, and will ask for help or communicate upwards if you run into any problems.
- You are curious — you love investigating and are able to get to the lowest level of detail when solving a problem.
- You are customer centric and you love helping people.
- You have high emotional intelligence–you can communicate with customers and Dashers stuck in tricky situations.
- You are meticulously organized–you can juggle investigation, scheduling calls, conducting follow ups, and synthesizing findings.
- You have knowledge of Salesforce, Chartio, SQL and Google Applications (preferred)
- Experience with adjudications, case work and/or government documents (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.