This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on August 6, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb’s various functions embody the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As a Program Manager on the Trust Program Management (PMO) Team, you will provide program management skills to implement strategic Trust initiatives. These initiatives both solve some of the most complex problems facing Airbnb but also unlock significant opportunities for our Community, Business and teams.
The ideal candidate has deep and proven experience in complex program management from program inception to execution. They are able to think strategically, communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including senior executives, facilitate discussions among large stakeholder groups, assess organizational priorities, work through trade offs, and make decisions to keep our Trust organization focused on it’s objectives and timelines.
Success in this role includes:
- Demonstrating exceptional strategic program management ability.
- Leading complex multi-stakeholder programs, thriving in a rapidly changing industry, leveraging ambiguity, and demonstrating problem-solving mastery with limited oversight.
- Ability to flex from engaging senior executives to rolling up your sleeves to get into the detail.
- Influence and execute by building deep and authentic partnerships both within Trust and across Airbnb.
- Ability to craft high-level narratives that influences senior leadership, keep them engaged and aligned to meet specified timelines.
- Being a skilled communicator who can present to Trust leadership while also keeping various stakeholders informed of tactical changes.
- Identifies business problems and architects complex, creative and whole system solutions.
- Autonomously leads the creation of long-term business strategy and allocates project and program management resources to meet business strategy, goals and key results.
- Displays judgment to identify signals/ valuable insights; cuts through the noise and pushes through in uncertain environments.
- Manages framework for tracking and regularly reviewing progress against plan while maintaining relevant artifacts and communication rituals.
- Identifies potential risks, blockers or conflicts, escalate to stakeholders.
- Able to communicate the vision and success criteria effectively to project team and other stakeholders.
- Leads the alignment and organization of the right team, able to manage the project team and hold people accountable to deliverables and milestones.
- Collaborates cross-functionally across Trust, Product, IT, Legal, and others to drive key projects.
- Prepares presentations and clearly communicates findings from initiatives to leadership.
- 8+ years work experience focused on project/program management, consulting or corporate strategy.
- Skilled in project management strategies and/or certified in one of the following PMP, APM, CSM, APM, PPM.
- Advanced degree/certification in Project Management preferred.
- 3+ years of fraud/risk/trust/safety operations experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Atlassian software development and collaboration tools (i.e. Confluence).
- Advanced proficiency with Project Management software such as JIRA, Asana or Smartsheet.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to navigate complex organizations and develop positive relationships within Trust and with cross-functional counterparts.
- Strong experience leading operational projects designed to implement change and drive results.
- Well developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the product we offer and passion for Airbnb.
- Willingness to develop project/program management capabilities of Airbnb.
This role is currently expected to be based in any city where Airbnb has a physical office space, though we are exploring our remote working model, and may update location options in the future.
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.