This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on October 2, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What you’ll be doing
- Review and evaluate content for compliance with our Community Guidelines.
- Analyze data, propose and implement programmatic rules to handle abuse at scale.
- Work with CX, legal, and PR in responding to sensitive issues.
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively and create reports to improve, optimize, and innovate.
- Analyze new and potential features and propose plans to help reduce or remove abuse before it happens.
- Participate in a on-call rotation for urgent emergency reports from law enforcement.
What you should have
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms.
- Familiarity with technical systems: you don’t need to be a software developer, but you should be able to understand networking and systems.
- Incredible empathy and patience: we want our users to know that they’ve been heard.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make important decisions under pressure.
- Willingness to work during non-typical or non-core hours.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience implementing content policies (for example, being a subreddit moderator)
- A cover letter is mandatory!
- Fluency in SQL and Python.
- Experience with Discord’s API.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, enough that you know keyboard shortcuts.
- Project management skills and experience driving cross-team collaboration.
- In-depth knowledge of internet culture and trends.
- Multilingual in English and one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, German, Turkish, Polish
To apply for this job please visit discord.com.