This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
What you’ll be doing
- Review and evaluate content for compliance with our Community Guidelines.
- Analyze data, propose and implement programmatic rules to handle abuse at scale.
- Work with CX, legal, and PR in responding to sensitive issues.
- Think both quantitatively and qualitatively and create reports to improve, optimize, and innovate.
- Analyze new and potential features and propose plans to help reduce or remove abuse before it happens.
- Participate in a on-call rotation for urgent emergency reports from law enforcement.
What you should have
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms.
- Familiarity with technical systems: you don’t need to be a software developer, but you should be able to understand networking and systems.
- Incredible empathy and patience: we want our users to know that they’ve been heard.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make important decisions under pressure.
- A passion for gaming and online safety.
- Willingness to work during non-typical or non-core hours.
- Ability to work during one of these time shifts:
- 4pm – 1am PST (Mon – Fri)
- 12am – 9am PST (Mon – Fri)
- 4pm – 1am PST (Sun – Thurs)
- 4pm – 1am PST (Tues – Sat)
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience implementing content policies (for example, being a subreddit moderator)
- This role will be based out of our San Francisco office, required to be in Bay Area.
- A cover letter is mandatory!
- Fluency in SQL and Python.
- Experience with Discord’s API.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems, enough that you know keyboard shortcuts.
- Project management skills and experience driving cross-team collaboration.
- In-depth knowledge of internet culture and trends.
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend