This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on May 23, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
We are looking for a thoughtful, detail-oriented Trust and Safety Platform Operations Investigator to work with our global Trust & Safety team. In this role, you will address sensitive and escalated abuse reports, compliance tasks, data privacy tasks, and Trust and Safety issues that affect our customers. This is a position where you will also gain familiarity with the inner workings of Cloudflare’s technology and policies.
- Be part of a world class globally-distributed team.
- Help administer efficient and compliant handling of legal requests, including but not limited to requests for information, subpoenas, and court orders.
- Be responsible for performing operations seamlessly and timely Service-Level Agreement (SLA) delivery along with maintaining high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- Partner with other teams in the company, including Policy, Legal, and the Product teams to ensure our processes are carried out in a scalable fashion.
- Deal with sensitive content and emotionally charged escalations with tact and a calm demeanor.
- You may be part of the rotating weekend and off-hour coverage responsibilities.
- You have 3-5 years of anti-abuse or support escalations experience at an Internet Service Provider or hosting provider
- Demonstrate working knowledge of DNS and how the Internet works
- You’ve worked with lawyers, and legal teams on document production requests.
- You’ve interacted with law enforcement individuals and agencies.
- Experience managing sensitive content and emotionally charged escalations with tact and a calm demeanor
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a strong anti-abuse and/or support escalation background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Experience working with ICANN Compliance issues
- Experience with the legal considerations related to hosted material (notice & takedown).
- Familiarity with DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act), copyright, and trademark issues.
- Experience in compliance, sanctions, and similar regulatory regimes