This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on June 7, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Eventbrite is an industry-leading self-service event management platform, and we care deeply about providing a positive and safe experience on our site. Our Trust and Safety team works to cultivate integrity and trust in Eventbrite’s global marketplace through the use of innovative technology and partnership with our community of event organizers and ticket buyers. Preventing abuse of our community and our Terms of Service, as well as providing a positive resolution to sensitive situations are critical parts of our mission to provide a delightful experience.
The Trust and Safety team is a small group of operations specialists charged with protecting the community against abuse of the platform. We partner cross-functionally with numerous teams across the company to build the tools, policies and infrastructure to keep the community safe and ensure a positive resolution when issues do arise.
As an Operations Associate for Trust and Safety Operations, you’re primarily charged with monitoring a set of queues that help us protect the integrity of our site and our community. You’ll be on the front lines of the proactive work we do by monitoring for potential issues, and you’ll work hand in hand with the Trust and Safety Team to report and take action on high priority issues. You will also be encouraged to brainstorm ways in which the team can more effectively and proactively prevent abuse of the platform. Another important part of your work will be helping the Trust and Safety Team prioritize their workload by triaging the cases coming into the queue, providing feedback to the front-line team and identifying potential areas for additional training, and flagging high-risk issues for immediate attention. You will also directly handle a subset of customer-facing Trust and Safety issues through our CRM. We are a hard-working team that is driven by our passion for promoting a safe and trustworthy platform. We are committed to first and foremost supporting each other and our community, and we are constantly seeking to experiment and improve the way we advocate for our customers. The work we do requires a unique mixture of vigilance, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and remaining calm under pressure.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience in an operations or customer support role
- A love of task-based, operational work and a passion for customer experience, specifically in relation to trust and safety issues
- Ability to identify pain points or areas for improvement on a team and advocate for a solution through implementation
- Patience, empathy and the ability to stay level-headed in high-stress situations
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to manage ambiguity, embrace experimentation and change, and build consensus when working with a group
- Technical aptitude and the ability to pick up new skills quickly
- May require non-traditional hours (nights and/or weekends)
- Experience working specifically on trust, safety or policy issues
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Jira, Slack, Google Apps, SQL
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Language skills – fluency in multiple languages
- BSC or BA degree
To apply for this job please visit www.eventbritecareers.com.