This content was reproduced from the employer’s website on April 20, 2021. Please visit their website below for the most up-to-date information about this position.
Eventbrite is an industry-leading self-service event management platform, and we care deeply about providing a positive and safe experience on our site. Our Trust and Safety team works to cultivate integrity and trust in Eventbrite’s global marketplace through the use of innovative technology and partnership with our community of event organizers and ticket buyers. Preventing abuse of our Community Guidelines and our Terms of Service, as well as providing a positive resolution to sensitive situations are critical parts of providing a delightful experience.
The Trust & Safety team is a small group with diverse backgrounds. We are a crucial part of the larger PPO team (Policy & Platform Operations) who serves a critical role in allowing our community to experience Eventbrite in a way that fosters trust, safety, diversity, and inclusiveness, while also internally managing certain legal and compliance risks associated with the Eventbrite platform. We are analysts, operations specialists, data scientists and engineers, with different quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. Our varied experiences help us look at the same problem sets in different ways to extract real insight. We work cross-functionally with teams around the company to solve whatever challenges come our way.
Here are some of the ways the Trust & Safety team steps in to protect our community and drive trust on the platform:
– Handles reports of platform abuse and platform misuse including unauthorized selling, outside ticketing, non-events, ticket reselling, and unsolicited invitations
– Handles reports of violations of our content standards including hate content, adult content, prohibited content, and misinformation
– Supports creators with refund and payout guidance when events are cancelled, postponed, and rescheduled
We are looking for an experienced Trust & Safety Manager to join our cross-functional Policy & Platform Operations team. As the manager for Trust & Safety, you will be a key leader on the Platform Ops team, which is responsible for Trust & Safety Ops, Payments Ops, and Fraud & Chargeback Ops. You will be responsible for making sure day-to-day operations run smoothly, as well as helping to define strategy, and build and scale the function to meet the future needs of the platform and our users.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of our global Trust & Safety team
- Provide regular, actionable, goal-oriented performance feedback
- Coach, mentor, and develop each member of the team to further their growth at Eventbrite
- Delegate and prioritize effectively to ensure the team is focused on high-impact needs and allocating time appropriately between project and core work
- Set clear targets and objectives, and establish KPIs for each area of responsibility
- Communicate metrics, trends, and results from projects to key stakeholders in the organization on a regular basis
- Lead the postmortem process when serious incidents occur, and communicate the findings to business leaders and key stakeholders across the organization
- Investigate escalated incidents of abuse, which need to be handled at the leadership level
- Perform data analysis and research to understands trends and patterns of abuse on the platform
- Identify and recommend ways to improve team performance through automation, tooling, rule, process, or policy changes
- Identify opportunities to change the product or our internal policies or process to improve user trust, or provide a better user experience
- Collaborate with analysts, operations specialists, data scientists and engineering to build on existing, as well as create new, prevention and detection mechanisms
- Engages and maintains effective relationships with cross-functional partners, stakeholders, or external vendors
- Maintain strong domain knowledge of the worlds of trust & safety, abuse, and risk including new techniques and technologies available to fight abuse as well as the new tricks and trends of the abusers
THE SKILL SET
- As manager of the team, you may need to support a non-traditional schedule, at times, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays
- 8+ years of experience in Trust & Safety operations, preferably at an internet or technology company
- 5+ years in people management roles
- Ability and desire to identify and develop exceptional talent to continuously improve operational efficiency and team member engagement
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative environment, influence cross-functionally, and build strong relationships across the organization
- Solutions-oriented, with analytical and creative problem-solving skills, and the ability to spot patterns and formalize complex ideas into a well-defined process
- Ability to inspect data, digest trends, and surface insights from Tableau dashboards
- Ability to define and report on relevant metrics
- Must have excellent critical thinking and prioritization skills
- A proven ability to formalize complex ideas and analytical findings into well defined logic and actionable recommendations
- Quick-thinker, fast learner with a great work ethic
- A passion for keeping up with new trends in the Trust & Safety space
- BA or BS Degree or higher
- Experience managing remote team members
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Jira, Slack, Google Apps, SQL
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
- Language skills – fluency in multiple languages
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks.
In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, on-site services, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And if you like sports, we have our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
Ongoing training and career development is an important part of our culture
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, language exchange programs, internal training, Briteling talks, workshops and weekly sessions with our CEO
Work-life balance is extremely important to us
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of nearly one million event creators in over 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 300 million tickets distributed to more than 4 million experiences in 2019, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love.